Essential oils are extracted from the flowers, leaves, roots, bark, fruit, resin, seeds, needles or twigs of a plant or tree.
- It helps the body in repairing itself.
- It is sacred as they come from the deepest and richest part of the plant and have been in use for more than five thousand years.
- Essential oils in ancient China were used to treat mania, depression and anxiety.
- Ancient Babylonians used essential oils to perfume their body. They adopted this from Vedic Indians who built temples and palaces made from Sandalwood to radiate intoxicating aromas for spiritual purposes.
- Egyptians used essential oils in their daily lives to maintain health, for personal hygenie, to lift emotions and as offerings to their gods.
- In skincare they are used to feel refreshed and help feel good.